Thursday 29 December 2011

Ironhall


Later in Ironhall. (23 people were on the sim and not one tried to interact with us. If it hadn’t been for a visiting blacksmith we would have had no roleplay. )




Franziskus Ninetails after a long travel per ship is happy as the captain finally anchors at the harbor of Ironhall. He jumps from the ship on the docks, happy to have firm ground under his boots
Master's lil Sunshine follows his master ashore calling his brother to supervise the unloading of the ship
Franziskus Ninetails: See, that the seamen unload the ship well and not break the flasks and crates! And bring... Snouty off board... or whatever it's name is!
Master's lil Sunshine drags his cloak tighter around himself, convinced it is colder here than tabor. “sooty my master
Endy looks around curiously pointing the ship hands when to place the goods to be stored whilst they trade using the samples
Franziskus Ninetails nods distracted as he talks with the harbourmaster "Aye, scotty... that's what I said, no?"
Master's lil Sunshine goes down in to the hold of the ship and takes the snowsleen by the harness, avoidng his jaws leads him from the ship. "sooty my master," river says again.
Franziskus Ninetails points to the steps "We have to go up there, says the harbormaster, my boys!"
Endy: Yes oour MAster
Master's lil Sunshine tethers the sleen to the sleigh and he and his brother load it up
Franziskus Ninetails takes a sip from a little flask on his belt "Good that we have medical juices with us! You better let your bows in the sled, my boys. I'm not sure, how the Torvies react to thralls with bows"
Master's lil Sunshine reluctantly takes off his bow
Endy looks with concern at the captive at the tree
Master's lil Sunshine looks in horror at the half naked man tied to a tree in the snow
Franziskus Ninetails looks around "Now where is the marketplace?" His eyes resting on the captive tied to a tree. he mumbles "Hmmm, looks like he can't help us much anymore"
Endy frowns "If I remember correctly it is in the fort my Master"
Franziskus Ninetails talks to the guard and nods several times. Finally he reaches his bow to him
Endy smile spotting the horn, looking at their Master with a grin wondering if their Master will let him blow it
Franziskus Ninetails watches the guard going to the horn and blow it. He grimaces as the loud noise cuts the cold air
Gate Horn shouts: Attention! Someone is at the gate !
Franziskus Ninetails carefully opens the gate "Hello? Anyone there?" ]  Franziskus Ninetails shrugs and signs his thralls to pull the cart with the goods in right the moment a man comes around the corner ... and vanishes again.   Franziskus Ninetails looks around the stalls, His skilled eye immediately noticing what the torvies need and what not.  “Hello? Anybody here? Is this the marketplace?”
Master's lil Sunshine: it seems so my master
Endy nods "the tavern was bustling last time I was here my Master"
Franziskus Ninetails points to a spot next to the well "Put the market cart there and open the boxes, mine!"
Master's lil Sunshine nods and goes over to help his brother set up the stall
Franziskus Ninetails looks around a bit worried as the village seems so empty, then he notices a shadow hurrying between the houses and.... vanishing again.  Franziskus Ninetails looks sceptical at all the dark houses which seem to be empty and wasted. He shivers and pulls the cloak closer around his shoulders. "Wait with the market cart, my boys. I have a strange feeling with this place"
Master's lil Sunshine: maybe they have been raided and all taken
Endy gulps softly, wishing they had not left their bows behind
Franziskus Ninetails: We better return to the ship, boys
Master's lil Sunshine: yes my master
Franziskus Ninetails takes his bow back from the guard and nods to him in a farewell
Endy yelps as the cart judders down each step
Franziskus Ninetails shows some pity with the unconscious captive and takes a candy cane out of the crates he was about to offer for sales, sticks it between the unconscious man's lips
 Endy smiles touched at his Master's kindness
Evan: Tal
Endy yelps as his Master and brother stop suddenly and he has to strain to keep the cart from taking them down the slope
Master's lil Sunshine jumps as a voice sounds behind him
Franziskus Ninetails turns around as he hears steps behind him "Tal, Sir!"
Evan stops as he cross three mans on their way down to the docks "I didn't want to scare you sir... I’m only looking for some information. Are you from the region?"
Franziskus Ninetails raises his eyebrows, wondering that the man is not freezing without a cloak, but takes that he might be used to the cold here in the north more than he is as a southern man.  Franziskus Ninetails shakes his head. "No, we came by ship a long way from south..." *points over his shoulder to the harbour. "We wanted to trade, but it seems the village is dead. So we are searching for other marketplaces"
Evan nods to him and scratch the back of his head "not my chance, seems all those I meet are strangers to those lands. well... since you are traders, do you know who to ask for iron around here?"
Franziskus Ninetails smiles and bends his head a bit "I'm Franziskus of Tidra, merchant to Tabor. Maybe I can help you." - He scratches his head "Iron? Hmmmm..... I have iron at home, but I didn't bring it with us. Too heavy"  Franziskus Ninetails's eyes wonder about the man's muscular upper body "Are you a blacksmith?"
Endy nods softly, thankful that he did not have to pull iron as well as al their over goods
 Master's lil Sunshine: we left it on the ship my master
Evan nods to his last question "I'm the blacksmith in Port Cos yes. I rarely travel that far from the vosk but I needed some new supply. so you are from Tabor you said? never thought about looking for Iron in the Exchange Islands actually,,,, much closer than this place here"
Master's lil Sunshine: it’s still in the hold as the snow sleen could not pull it over this terrain
Franziskus Ninetails turns to his first boy "Ah... right... we have iron at the ship. Will you come with us to the docks, Sir?  And yes... we have a lot of things in Tabor... after all it is an exchange place"
Evan smiles lightly "yes yes, of course. I'm Evan of Port Cos by the way. Metal worker for the city there" he points to the docks "after you"
Franziskus Ninetails: "You will find me in the Tropics there... What I don't have, I will be more then pleased to try to get it for you. Well met, Evan of Port Cos!"
Endy whimpers at the juddering of each step, glad when at last they reach the level dock
Franziskus Ninetails: Get the iron from the ship, Endy! River, you open the crates with the other goods
Master's lil Sunshine: yes my master
Evan follow the man to the dock "Are those beasts yours? For a while I have been looking for a strong kajirus for some of the heavy lifting at the smitty."
Franziskus Ninetails looks at the blacksmith "What quantity did you think off, Evan of Cos?"
Endy smiles "yes my Master" and parks the cart
Master's lil Sunshine begins to set up the wagon for the master to view their wares.
Franziskus Ninetails nods "Aye, this is my first boy - River. And my second boy - Endy" *points to the blond first, then to the black haired
Master's lil Sunshine: careful to follow the instructions of the healer and not over stretch and split his stitches
Franziskus Ninetails: One needs some strong slaves for the work of a merchant... carrying the heavy crates.  Though my first one is a bit injured after a surgery... : So, tell me, Evan - How is the weather in Port Cos? Is it cold there too?
Evan nods to him "Ah good. I trained my girl for some of the work at my shop but there is a limit to what she can do. " he shrug "I might find one day". to his last question, he nods "cold, yes but nothing like it is here. "
Master's lil Sunshine finishes unpacking the boxes and then sees if he can help his brother with the heavy iron.
Franziskus Ninetails frowns at River "Don't carry too heavy, my lil sunshine! You know what the healer said!"
Endy hauls the heavy crate of iron from the ship, grateful to the help from his brother, but tutting as he brother is yet again disobeying the greens orders
Master's lil Sunshine immediately stops what he is doing and whispers "yes my master"
Evan chuckles and walks closer to the crates and supply, taking a good look at what the man has "you trade in many things sir"
Franziskus Ninetails smiles as he hears 'cold'. "Ah! Are you in need of some warm, woollen, knitted underwear? Our seamstress knitted a lot and I was about to sell some here on commission
Endy drops the heavy crate on the market stall, then walks back and forth placing iron bars, directing some of the ship hands to aid him
Franziskus Ninetails nods "Well.. we are an exchange island. My main goods are black wine and cacao though. But I also trade what I can get hands on"
Franziskus Ninetails points to the other crates that still are closed "I was going to sell here black wine and cacao as well as candy canes and gingerbread..."
Franziskus Ninetails: "... medical herbs and juices from Tabor Mountains and... " gestures with the open hand to the stall with blacksmith goods "... of course some blacksmith goods"
Evan consider his offer a moment before to shake his head "if I don't buy wool locally, our farmer the verr man will become a real pain. I see you have ore and iron.... humm... I'm not a rich man you know, how much do you want for your ore? I guess that’s cheaper than iron right?"
Franziskus Ninetails: Those I bought a bit more west
Endy pants softly, then stands behind his Master as his Master does not like them kneeling in the cold climates
Franziskus Ninetails smiles and nods then shakes his head "Oh, I didn't ask you to buy the wool. I offered the underwear" Franziskus Ninetails looks to his first boy, as his second boy is panting heavy from carrying the heavy crates "Show the good man the long-johns, mine!"
Master's lil Sunshine: yes my master
Endy blushes softly and begins to remove his cloak, and whispers to his Master "all of it?"
Evan chuckles lightly "ah yes... yes of course. After a time in the longhall here, I can tell you, selling those underwear won't be a problem. most need some" he smiles wide and points at the ore "I'm on a small budget here so I have to focus on what I came for. Do you keep ore in stock all the time or is this just a onetime thing?"
Master's lil Sunshine starts to strip off his upper clothes, until he stands in just his winter underwear
Endy removes his hat, twisting it in his hands anxiously
Evan smiles wide "it’s really not needed but I admit, those looks warm"
Franziskus Ninetails shakes his head to Endy "Not you, Endy. You're sweating... I don't want you to catch a cold! One ill slave is enough!"
Master's lil Sunshine stands in front of the free, nice and straight so he might inspect the underwear properly
Franziskus Ninetails takes his first boy by the shoulders and turns him around "It's made of the wool of best verrs of torvaldslands"
Franziskus Ninetails: And it has these useful buttons here on the back....
Evan takes a good look at the two kajirus and smiles "The best wool euh? useful buttons? you know your business sir I can see that"
Franziskus Ninetails unbuttons the back-flap and shows the man. Only 5 KT.. available in three colours... green, red and gray!
Evan nods slowly, unsure what to answer to that sale pitch. "yes.. I... I will think about it. perhaps another time. what about we take a look at that ore you have... or iron " he takes another look at the boy and smiles "They look charming in those things but I was sent here for some supply for the forge"
Franziskus Ninetails pats his thralls exposed butt then nods "Get dressed again, my lil sunshine" Franziskus Ninetails pats River gently on the ass.
Master's lil Sunshine begins to shiver in the cold now that his flap is open. “Thank you my master,” he replies anxious to be dressed again in this bitter climate

Endy picks up his cloak and re wraps it around himself, and picking up the first boys items passes them to his brother
Master's lil Sunshine: thank you my brother
Franziskus Ninetails while his slave dresses "Sooooo.... to your question, Evan.. Well, I offer the goods as long as I have them. When they are gone and I can't get new one in the meantime, well then... it's gone. What quantity did you think of?"
Master's lil Sunshine pulls on his tunic and torn pants.
Evan listen to him and scratch the back of his head, thinking for a moment "humm... as much as I can reasonably afford an carry . you sell it at the stone? the weight? "
Franziskus Ninetails: the stone.. they are about the same size.. However the iron bars, I suppose are easier for you to handle. How many coins have you planned to spend?"
Evan reach to the pocket that attached to his belt and takes a silver coin out of it. has he hand it to him..."with the mark of Fina. what can you provide me for that amount?
Franziskus Ninetails smiles as the blacksmith draws his sword to show his ironworker skills. He nods appreciativ "That looks like a very well crafted blade"
Franziskus Ninetails: If I ever need a new sword, I know where to go to!
Evan smiles to him "welll.. I do what I can. I'm not a weapon smith but I can manage. I mostly make tools, chains and collar. oh... and a lot of business in brandings where I'm from"
Master's lil Sunshine winces at the word branding, remembering well how much it hurt
Franziskus Ninetails looks at the silver coins, inspects it and turns it in his hands "Hmmmm... that is worth a lot of iron pigs. I don't know, if we have that much with us" Franziskus Ninetails looks up "You are sure, you don't want to buy a set of nice underwear?"
Endy smiles at his Master and whisper "Candy canes?"
Franziskus Ninetails counts the bars "Hmmm... we only have 11 with us... That would be.. hmmm... 5 KT and 5 TS... lets say 5 KT for you"
Evan rub his chin and thinks a moment "you mean five tarsks for for those 11 units there?"
Franziskus Ninetails nods to his second boy, but his eyes still on the blacksmith. Nodding again "Aye! 5 copper tarks ((KT)) for the 11 bars hereAnd how about some candy canes for your lovely kajira?"
Evan smiles lightly, thinking he is making a great deal after all "Thats not cheap but.... hummm... alright, I'll take all the 11 and a bag of those candy"
Franziskus Ninetails: The candy canes are 1 copper tarsk each... how many do you want? Hmmm... lets say I give you 6 for 5 KT?
Evan blinks "you mean thsoe candy cost as much as the iron you sold me? What’s in those things?"
Master's lil Sunshine goes to the stall and puts 6 canes into a pouch, so that if the sale is made they are ready
Franziskus Ninetails grins "A lot of sugar and honey and I don't know what else! I have to ask the baker.. I think spices and things"
Franziskus Ninetails: Endy, put the iron into a crate for the good man!
Evan frown some as he reach for a handful of coppers "alright alright, that’s a lot of paga I could have used but I guess I'll find something to do with the candy as well"
Master's lil Sunshine holds the pouch behind his back.  Master's lil Sunshine smiles knowing that most kajira and kajrus he knows will do anything for a taste of candy

The signal fires have been lit on Hodmimirs Holt,
and a call for aid is made throughout the region!
Call to Arms! Marauders to the Hills!

Horn shouts:

The signal fires have been lit on Hodmimirs Holt,
and a call for aid is made throughout the region!
Call to Arms! Marauders to the Hills!

 Franziskus Ninetails watches his boy filling the bag with candy canes "Put a gingerbread and chocolate gingerbread inot the bag too, my lil sunshine. and add a sample of our black wine and the cacao powder "
Master's lil Sunshine: yes my master.” Master's lil Sunshine turns back to the cart and adds the additional items to the bag and then passes it to his master
Evan keep his eyes on the supply and smile some "is Port Cos on your regular trade route?"
Endy begins to transfer their iron to the Master's cart, his eyes watching the bag of candy canes hungrily
Franziskus Ninetails watches his boys filling the crates and bags as ordered with a smile on his lips, then looks up again to answer the blacksmith' question: "Not yet, but I suppose it will be! What does your nice land have to offer for a merchant? And what are your needs? I am on travels a lot! "
Evan crouch and takes a good look at the supply, counting each of the items "Good.... pretty good... and yes, I need someone to supply my shop. mostly with iron. I recycle lots of scraps to keep my cost down but if you add the vosk to your route, make sure you steop"
Evan: We have oil, lots of that ctually
Loki: RAID
Franziskus Ninetails looks around a bit distracted from the sound of a sword swishing through the air. He raises his eyebrows in surprise, his hand sliding to the hilt of his sword
Master's lil Sunshine jumps’ hearing a man shout and spins around to look. Master's lil Sunshine leans to his brother and whispers... "they are a strange people these norsemen."
Evan keeps his eyes on the man swigning his sword like an idiot and shrug "Torvies.... "
Franziskus Ninetails nods and nods and nods, but keeps a cautious eye to the gate anyways
Endy whispers back to his brother "see, this is why our Master keeps you away from the paga"
Evan takea another look at the supply "well... perhaps I can always look for you in Tabor but I rarely travel away from my homestone to be true. we'll see"
Master's lil Sunshine nods, "and i thought Taborians were strange my brother."
Franziskus Ninetails: Soooo, oils you said? bathing oils? perfume oils? That sounds fine. We don't have such things in Tabor yet. So I sure will travel to Port Cos soon!
Endy smiles "aye"
Master's lil Sunshine leans to his brother once more. "maybe he is sick with fever and needs a healer," river watches the man that is running around like a madman.
Evan: Tharlarion oil yes, you'll find some fish products there and with two or three slave house, we are a good place to get rid of your overstock or buy. otherwise, I could introduce you to one of our local trader, I'm sure there would be business for you
Endy smiles back to his brother "more like he will be in need of hair of the sleen in the morning"
Franziskus Ninetails: Oh, that reminds me!" - He pulls a little gold nugget out of his pouch and shows it to the blacksmith "I suppose you are the expert for those... Can you tell me, what the value of a gold nugget this size will be?"
Franziskus Ninetails's face brightens at the words of the blacksmith "Ahhh, then I for sure will come and visit for trades soon!"
Evan reach to it and takes a good look at the nugget "thats hard to tell.... humm... I fear I'm not the righ tman to ask about this"
Franziskus Ninetails raises his eyebrows in surprise "Oh, I thought ironworkers melt them and extract the gold out of them. My son brought this as a payment for some salt, but I suppose it's only worth about 10 or 15 KT... far less then the salt was worth." Franziskus Ninetails shrugs and takes the nugget back, putting it into his pouch "But he's a warrior. He was only at Ha.. uhm... that place to spy disguised as trader"
Evan hand him the nugget "I wish I could help. To know, as you said it has to be melted. Then, its possible to know how much gold we are dealing with but jsut like that.." he shrug "I couldn't tell. and the value will vary depending on where you are" Evan looks back "humm... I think my girl got lost somewhere on her way here. if you don,t mind, I would go have a look. Girls from Turia don't last long in the snow"
Franziskus Ninetails nods, then looks over his shoulder as the captain shouts something impatiently. He grunts to the captain, but signs his slaves to pack up the crates again and carry it back to the ship
Master's lil Sunshine nods to his master and gestures to endy to help him pack away their master's goods.
Evan offer him a smile "well, hopefully we meet again. looks like your ship is about to leave so I will not hold you any longer. I wish you well"
Franziskus Ninetails nods and with a grin points over his shoulder to the ship "Well, you hear the captain swearing, so we should get ready for sails too. the captain is always afraid his ship will freeze in "
Endy pushes at his brothers shoulder gently pushing him towards the light items and away from the heavy items he keeps trying to pick up
Franziskus Ninetails: It was nice to make business with you, Evan of Cos
Evan laugh and turn around to walk back to the gates "I wish you well and thanks again"
Master's lil Sunshine packs up the cases and tells his brother to carry them on board. “safe paths master
Franziskus Ninetails: I wish you well and may the fire in your forge always burn bright
Endy carries the crates from the stall back to the ship
Franziskus Ninetails nods to his boys, then gives the captain a sign, that they are ready to lift anchor
Master's lil Sunshine watches the sun start to rise over the thassa
Franziskus Ninetails after they finally reached Tabor East and then loaded the goods from the ship to the sled, reaching Tabor tropics, commands his boys to put the goods back on the market stalls, where Ol' Grumpy can have an eye on them
Endy carries the goods back and forth, wishing the third and forth boy were not at their studies so he could boss them around to carry the items. Endy leans against his brother, rubbing his not sweaty body against his brother mischievously
Master's lil Sunshine: smiles
Franziskus Ninetails as he puts the candy canes back on the counter takes two and hands each of his boys one as a treat "Here, my boys. You worked hard and well!"
Master's lil Sunshine tries to help his brother with the crates again as they land. Master's lil Sunshine smiles "oh thank you my master"
Endy growls softly at his brother each time he tries to take a crate, each time shoving him out the way gently with his shoulder. "Thank you my Master"
Master's lil Sunshine sucks on his candy happily
Endy gobbles the cane hungrily, his teeth crunching the hard sugar loudly
Franziskus Ninetails takes a last look over the market stalls and nods content "Well, time to go home, boys!"
Master's lil Sunshine: yes my master
Franziskus Ninetails: Ah, finally home again! I will never get used to that cold!
Endy nods, “ May I take your cloak my Master?
Master's lil Sunshine: aye, its nice to be home my master
Franziskus Ninetails puts his cloak and bow near the fireplace, puts his sword above it. “You are hungry, mine?
Master's lil Sunshine: yes my master
Endy: a little my Master
Franziskus Ninetails: Then go and eat some soup and bread
Master's lil Sunshine: thank you , my master
Endy: Thank you our Master
Franziskus Ninetails grabs the last piece of bosk roast and sniffs at it. he grimaces and tosses it to the pets
Master's lil Sunshine puts some soup and bread for his brother and eats his quickly
Endy takes off the cloak and his clothing, and puts on the house silks, then goes over to the food his brother has put out whispering "Thank you my brother"
Master's lil Sunshine finishes his soup and then starts to strip off his clothes happy to be home again
Endy huccups slightly having eaten the bread to quickly.
Endy nuzzles sleeply against his Master waiting for his brother to return from the kitchen, trhen smiles as he does so
Franziskus Ninetails: Hmmm, seems, Hafnir wants more meat
Master's lil Sunshine: he is a naughty lart

No comments:

Post a Comment